Department of Computing
Imperial College London
After received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Nanjing University in 2019 (supervisor Prof. Zhi-Hua Zhou), I then joined Prof. Stephen Muggleton’s group in the Department of Computing at Imperial College London as a Research Associate from 2019.
My research interest is in machine learning, a sub-field of artificial intelligence. Currently, I am interested in combining sub-symbolic machine learning and logic-based symbolic machine learning. (CV)
Leveraging the power of logic reasoning in machine learning is my main focus right now. Popular machine learning techniques, such as Deep Neural Network and Statistical Learning, are good at mapping noisy sub-symbolic data (e.g. images) into symbols (e.g., labels, clusters, etc.); While symbolic machine learning techniques, such as Inductive Logic Programming and Statistical Relational Learning, are good at modelling complex (e.g., recursive) relationships in symbolic data. The two sub-areas in AI have been developed separately throughout the most of the history, resulting a huge gap between machine perception and reasoning. I am trying in various aspects to bridge the two islands, aiming at building ultra-strong machine learning systems that are human understandable, sample-efficient and applicaple to physical-world tasks.
- Sep. 23 2019. Checkout my Prolog—Julia interface Jurassic.pl, and make fast scientific computation / statistical learning / deep learning in Prolog by calling them as predicates!
- Sep. 03 2019. Our paper Bridging machine learning and logical reasoning by abductive learning has been accepted by NeurIPS’19.
- Conference PC Member:
- 2020: ICML’20, IJCAI’20, AAAI’20, ECAI’20 (SPC), PAKDD’20;
- 2019: ICML’19, IJCAI’19, AAAI’19, KDD’19, PAKDD’19;
- 2018: IJCAI’18, NeurIPS’18.
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE TKDE, JMLR, ACM TKDD.
- Abductive Learning: Towards Bridging Machine Learning and Logical Reasoning, @ London Machine Learning
28 2019. (Slides)
- Machine Learning seminar @ City, University of London, May 17 2019.
- Research on Integrating First-Order Logical Domain Knowledge with Machine Learning, @ School of Mechanical Engineering, Xiangtan University, Apr 8 2019.